- Published: Sunday, 17 May 2015 16:07
- Hits: 1985
The Greater Phoenix Chapter of the Barbershop Harmony Society was founded on February 14, 1943, just five years after the Society was formed in 1938. It is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and encouragement of "barbershop" style, four-part harmony singing. It was the second chapter to form in what was later to become the Far Western District.
Chartered in Phoenix, Arizona USA, it is the parent organization to a number of outstanding performing groups, including:
- The Phoenicians - Three-time International Chorus Champion (1972, 1976 & 1983)
- Desert Knights - 1957 Far Western District Champion
- The Western Continentals - 1968 International Quartet Champion
- The Stage Four - 1972 Far Western District Champion
- Remember When - 1980 Far Western Fistrict Champion
- The Kundsen Brothers - 1985 Far Western District Champion
- Standing Room Only - 1992 Far Western District Champion
- Applause! - 2000 Far Western District Champion
- Finale - 2001 Far Western District Champion
- Audacity - 2009 International Seniors Quartet Champion
- High Priority - 2016 International Seniors Quartet Champion
... and numerous International and Far Western District Champion and Medalist Quartets.